[X4U] text problems

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Sat Oct 30 13:12:38 PDT 2004

On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 11:36:06AM -0400, Bryan Dale wrote:
:
: A few  weeks  ago,, I suddenly  started  experiencing  problems  typing
:  emails,, and  also  in  textedit.. As  you  can  see  from  this
: email,, all  my  punctuation  is  coming  out  double.. Sometimes,,
: typing  doesn''t appear  at  all,, although  fortunately,, I am  able
: to  type  right  now..
:
: The  problem  only  happens  in  mail  and  textedit.. Microsoft  Word
: is  ok.. It  also  only  affects  my  user  account.. the  other  user
: account  on  this  computer  is  working  fine..
:
: I am  running  10..3..5  on  an  iMac  DV++.
:
: Any  suggestions  on  how  to  fix  this  problem  would  be
: appreciated..

Be sure to disable any 3rd-party software that modifies the keyboard
input system (e.g. any key macro programs, things that re-map the
function keys, etc.).  Also, try moving your ~/Library/Preferences
folder to the desktop, reboot, then log into your main user account
and see if the problem persists.  If it doesn't, then one of those
preferences is corrupt and likely the cause.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/