[X4U] How to cook an egg with Mail

silvo conticello silvoc at tiscali.it
Sun Oct 31 16:10:55 PST 2004

Hello everybody,

below is the message I was going to post. I was just about to hit the
send button when I realized that the load on the cpu had gone back to
normal.
Any hints on what might have happened (and how Mail has self-healed)?

Silvo

<begin>
I just got an annoying problem: Mail tends to use 100% of the cpu,
apparently without doing anything.
It was fine until yesterday.
The only thing I've noticed is that there is the following activity
working lasting a bit longer:
"(on my mac) synchronizing
gathering children from disk for local account"

I've tried to delete the plist, to remove some of the mailboxes but it
does not help.
I've tried to try Mail from a newly created account and even there it
runs at 100% (thus is a problem with the Mail application itself).

I vaguely remember that at a certain point Mail has crashed (I don't
remember when)

Programs I've installed yesterday: skype and earthbrowser. Few days ago
the latest version of NetNews Wire Lite and the latest updates via
software update. But I've the feeling these are not the culprits.

I think I'm going to run the combo updater for 10.3.5
<end>

Silvo Conticello
Albook 17" 1.5GHz/1.5Gb RAM/80Gb HD/OS10.3.5
iMac 1GHz/500Mb Ram/80Gb HD/OS10.3.5/17" display
E-mail: silvoc at tiscali.it
Cambridge
UK