[X4U] DVD Burner

Mike Strawn JSTRAWN at bham.rr.com
Sun Oct 31 17:28:34 PST 2004

I recently purchased a Pioneer DVD-R 105 drive from Other World Computing to
burn DVD¹s on my G3. My problem is that I¹ve wasted 20 disks with only 2
successful burns. The drive appears to function properly, but at various
points in the process I get a ³Sense key error² and the burn fails. I¹m
running Panther (10.3.5) using XpostFacto on a G3 that has a G4 500 Mhz ZIF
chip. I¹ve tried using Toast and the Apple burn software at 2x, 1x and 4x
and nothing works with any consistency. The Apple System Profiler recognizes
the drive, so that¹s a mystery. I¹ve tried cheap and expensive media.
Anybody had a similar problem? If so, please help!

Thanks!
Mikey