[X4U] clean install

spoonbender chronos326 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 31 20:04:52 PST 2004

Hi all,
Have a question about performing a clean install on my mac. I have a G4
powermac (2002 quicksilver). I have purchased a new internal harddrive.
I have my entire system backed up onto an external firewire drive, so
Im not worried about data loss. I have all the panther install discs as
well. Question is when I install the new drive and boot from the first
panther install disc and run disk utility to format the drive, do I
need to use the original 'software restore' discs that came with my mac
originally ? Or can I just run the install of panther and be good to go
? Obviously I intend to install a fresh system and then just drag
everything back over. I guess Im wondering if Im missing anything here
or not.
Thanx,
spoonbender...
Windows Sucks Period