[X4U] System instability from dialog boxes?

Jesse Leo jleo at projectsupport.com
Thu Sep 23 12:04:43 PDT 2004

Guys,

Having a strange problem that is plaguing my overall system's stability
(latest version of Panther with all patches):

If I am in a application document - TextEdit for example, and make
changes to the doc then close the document, the "do you want to save
changes" dialog box pops up.  But then the application is locked up and
requires a force quit.  It happens in every app - and in some
circumstances the finder itself.  Seems like certain pop up dialog
boxes do it every time.

Here is what the console log shows when it happens in TextEdit:

TextEdit[10907] *** +[NSCFString length]: selector not recognized

Put simply, dialog boxes are wreaking havoc on the Finder. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jesse