[X4U] when to buy Tiger?

Jim Freeman jpfreeman at mac.com
Fri Apr 1 08:07:00 PST 2005

I read a recent article that said Tiger was the most popular software
title on Amazon, and as a good Mac lemming I thought maybe I should be
buying it now too. But what will be the cheapest and quickest way to
get it? I live in Canada and I'm affiliated with a university so if
there is an education discount I would be eligible for it. I notice
Amazon offers a $35 rebate.

I know I want it as soon as it becomes available. Spotlight
particularly looks useful. But is there an advantage in ordering it
now? Will I get it sooner by ordering now than by ordering the day
Steve Jobs demos the final shipping version? What's the best way to buy
Apple products in Canada (montreal)? I've had bad experiences recently
ordering items from the Apple Canada on-line store. The items get stuck
for long periods of time in customs and then they are delivered by a
completely incompetent organizaiton called Same Day Right Away. Maybe I
just need to wait until Tiger appears in the university computer store.

Jim