[X4U] Deleting pesky files

Kevin.Hahn at colorado.edu Kevin.Hahn at colorado.edu
Fri Apr 1 08:49:55 PST 2005

> >>  Message: 6
> >>  Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:23:13 -0500
> >>  From: Mark Des Cotes <mark at astroprinting.com>
> >>  Subject: Re: [X4U] Deleting pesky files
> >>  To: "A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
> >>	<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
> >>
> >>  If your machine is capable of booting into OS9 you could do that and
> >>  delete the files from there. Otherwise try placing the files in your
> >>  Public folder then logging in under a different User and delete them
> >>  from there.
> >>
> >>  Mark Des Cotes
> >  > Systems Manager/Graphic Designer
>
> Kevin,
>
> Another option is to start the machine up in FireWire target disk
> mode (this requires a 2nd machine and a FireWire cable) so that it
> appears as a 2nd drive on another machine.
>
> You should be able to clear them up then.
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark (}-:
> +61 (0)4 1927 7198
> Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1
>
> ON YOUTH
> "Some people say that I must be a horrible person, but that's not true.
> I have the heart of a young boy -- in a jar on my desk." -- Stephen
> King, 3/8/90

It took three tries to get the sequence right (hey its a mac, this is like the
first problem I have ever had that took more than 5 seconds to figure out hwo
to fix) but I was finally able to boot off of a second powerbook and killed the
files that way.

Thank you for all the help and advice, I learned more about my computer
yesterday and today than in 5 previous years of mac ownership.

kevin