[X4U] Re: when to buy Tiger?

Timothy J. Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Fri Apr 1 14:37:33 PST 2005

...... Original Message .......
On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 11:07:00 -0500 "Jim Freeman" <jpfreeman at mac.com> wrote:
> I live in Canada and I'm affiliated with a university so if
>there is an education discount I would be eligible for it. I notice
>Amazon offers a $35 rebate.

iirc you can get an edu upgrade for $80 (US).  I don't think the Amazon
would be in addition to that.

>I know I want it as soon as it becomes available. Spotlight
>particularly looks useful. But is there an advantage in ordering it
>now?

it depends.  If you can get an order through Apple's website you can do the
edu pricing, but I suspect they will be flooded the day it is announced.

Amazon would be the easiest route. Although it would cost you more, you
might get it faster.

It's impossible to say for sure how Apple will handle distribution, but I
would assume Amazon would command a large and early supply since they are
doing the pre-order that's currently more popular than air.