[X4U] when to buy Tiger?

Jim Freeman jpfreeman at mac.com
Fri Apr 1 11:30:25 PST 2005

Mark,

Yes I was very frustrated with a recent order. It was an iPod shuffle
1G, a video adaptor and an airport express. they split it into two
shipments and I had the same problem with both shipments. It takes a
long time, presumably because of customs. Same Day doesn't post any
tracking information until the package clears customs. You end up
giving up and just hoping the package will show up some day. Then Same
Day makes a delivery attempt and LEAVES NO DELIVERY NOTICE. So I have
no clue that the package has cleared customs and Same Day does not make
a second delivery attempt. At this point I'm not checking their
tracking every day. In one case I checked and Same Day had been sitting
on my package for a month waitiing for me to call and schedule
delivery. In the second case it was about a week. Don't the drivers
leave delivery notices? They are supposed to, but sometimes they don't,
I was told both times by the phone person. That's just not good enough.
Can't you figure out who this delivery person is and repremand them?
Yes, we know who it is and we'll have his supervisor call you. But the
supervisor never called. I also called Apple Canada and they verry
politey took note of my complaint.

So I'll think twice about ordering something from Apple Canada in the
future.

Jim