[X4U] Virus & Spyware No Problem on Mac?

Joe Sporleder joe at wacondatrader.com
Mon Apr 4 18:33:35 PDT 2005

I've been a Mac user for a long time, and have been a MacOS X user
since Jaguar. I have always believed that MacOS X is fairly free from
viruses and spyware, partly because we are not as big of a target, and
partly because I think MacOS X does a good job with permissions and
access compared to its Windows counterparts. I'm sure there other
reasons that are more logical and more factual than mine. The reason I
am asking is I have a friend in Texas that is getting to be fed up with
his Windows PC being hijacked by viruses and such, as well as recent
episodes of spammers either on his computer or on computers of friends
he knows, that spammers using the PC as a SMTP relay. I want to make
sure I have all of my facts straight before I recommend that he
consider a Macintosh. Are us Mac users really that much safer? Will we
be less safe as Apple gains market and mind share?

Joe