[X4U] ATA hard drives

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Thu Apr 7 01:41:43 PDT 2005

Ben Gold said:

>I'm looking for maybe 2 300 gig drives or something around that (not
>sure what size ATA drives are up to).
>
>And what drives can I use... the g4 is ultra ATA?

You can use any 3.5-inch (the standard size for internal desktop computer
drives) parallel ATA drive.

My favorite brand is Seagate, as they tend to be fast, quiet, very high
quality, and they come with a *5 year warranty* standard.

If you are looking for a 300GB drive, here is an excellent deal on one:

Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3300831A 300GB Ultra ATA/100 7200RPM Hard
Drive w/8MB Buffer with Free 2nd Day shipping
$189
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=101572

Seagate also has a 400GB drive available.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html