[X4U] Serious OS X Security Vulnerability

DZ-Jay dz at caribe.net
Thu Apr 7 02:36:05 PDT 2005

Hello:
	Here's an interesting response to that article:

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/395142/2005-04-03/2005-04-09/2

Quotes from the response:
"Explain to me how this is a MacOS specific bug? I can duplicate this
behavior on my debian linux machine."

"If you have the ability to introduce a trojan into an admin level
account you appear to have other issues on your hands."

"I think this advisory is more suited for a how to securely configure
sudo FAQ"

	This apparently seems to be Apple's view on the subject.  I say
"apparently", because I have no way of knowing exactly what Apple has
said, or their official position, except for what the original poster
alluded.  Although I believe that security issues should be treated
with care and attention, alarmist reactions in haste do not do anybody
any favors.

	dZ.