[X4U] Re: Un-erase?

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Thu Apr 7 14:26:41 PDT 2005

I backed up actually but on another machine through our network. The only
thing I lost was my Entourage email database. I reinstalled the system on my
machine then deleted the backup on the other machine. Then what I did was
put the Entourage database back in the Documents folder then my mistake was
to install Office 2004 and what it did was write over the old database with
the new one it made during the install and poof all my mail was gone. I
should have not been so quick to delete the backup or burned it onto DVDs
but the backup was so huge that it seemed impractical to burn it all, it
just would have taken too long. So I learned my lesson. I'm trying to look
at it as a purge, a chance to start fresh.