[X4U] iSync and S700i

Roy van der Westhuizen roy at ion.co.za
Wed Apr 13 02:11:06 PDT 2005

I share all your enthusiasim about the phone Jon, but have run into a
problem. I normally don't turn off my machine, but did so over the
weekend. Now although I can see the phone in Sync, it does not
synchronize and I am scrathing my head tring to work out what went
wrong; was it the restart? Below is the message I get back from the
log. This despite it now being "seen" as a device to sync to:

Wednesday 13 April 2005 11:08 am
  Can't synchronize contacts to S700i: device is not available
  Can't synchronize calendars and To Do items to S700i: device is not
available

> Indeed it does work, Roy - I got my S700i today.
> With some trepidation I worked through the additions to iSync described
> at the Salling link below, held my breath, and got a perfect sync.
> Brilliant!
> Plus the screen on this phone is incredible.
> Also managed to pair it with an aging Palm Tungsten|T - using the T68i
> drivers built into OS 5 - and sent a couple of SMS...
> A happy ending to this story.
> Cheers,
> Jon

Regards,