[X4U] Re: Tiger Apr 29th

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Wed Apr 13 10:15:58 PDT 2005

On Apr 13, 2005, at 12:20 PM, Jim Freeman wrote:

> I still miss having a location switcher that will change things like
> smtp address and default printer when I move my laptop from home to
> work.

If you have an authenticated SMTP server (many/most ISPs have this now)
you can use their SMTP server even when you are not on the company IPs.

There have been some tips on macosxhints about using
http://mac-os-x-utilities-system.enscot.com/sleepwatcher.html and some
AppleScript to change settings based on WIFI names.  Are you using WiFi
on your laptop on these networks that you are moving between?

TjL