[X4U] Looking back at Panther and forward to Tiger

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Thu Apr 14 09:02:07 PDT 2005

Well I would say this is NEVER going to hold up to the toothbrush or
razor analogy. Too many hardware and software changes from within and
without, we'll always need new a OS rev to take advantage of those.
Spotlight is one technology we are all going to wonder how we ever
lived without. I think Automator will be too for those of us who could
never figure out how to use Applescript. I have always needed a
graphical interface to figure out stuff.

I think the human imagination is going to always invent better ways of
computing over time. And I, like Jim, trust Apple to always offer
something new that is genuinely useful not just glitzy.