[X4U] Windows 2000 File Sharing Vanished

Ean Kingston ean at hedron.org
Fri Apr 15 09:33:41 PDT 2005

> I'm not quite sure what happened - but somehow my ability to file share
> Windows 2000 with OSX 10.3.8 vanished yesterday.

Since MS released a batch of updates a couple of days ago you might want
to double check the new MS firewall settings to see if they are configured
to prevent your MS 2000 system from actually receiving the network traffic
for file sharing.

Beyond that I don't know what to say. My iMac has used DHCP to get it's ip
address since I first got it and I don't have a problem (of course I'm not
using Windows 2000 either).