[X4U] Let's start the FUD presses.

James S Jones jsjones at mac.com
Fri Apr 15 11:08:51 PDT 2005

Thurrot's piece discusses only 'features' and concludes they aren't
that big an advance. Tiger's big advances are in the basics, like
optimizing for the IBM PPC 970 series and beyond, Core Image, and other
optimizations to various foundation classes that improve performance.
Core Image should prove to be a big deal for Apple's key video and
graphics customers and opens the door for Macs to be a much more
competitive platform for games and other consumer entertainment
purposes.

We should start a pool, btw, to pick the date when Thurrot flip-flops
and claims 10.4 is a milestone in OS evolution.