[X4U] Windows 2000 File Sharing Vanished

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Fri Apr 15 14:09:11 PDT 2005

On Apr 15, 2005, at 8:00 pm, revDAVE wrote:

> Also: for example - when I use command-K -  and type the local IP of
> the
> machine:
>
> smb://192.168.1.136
>
> -  the same error comes up every time -  "the Finder cannot complete
> the
> operation because some data in " smb://192.168.1.136" could not be
> read or
> written.  Error code -36."

Could you check that file & printer-sharing is enabled on the PC,
please?
This is described at
<http://www.wellesley.edu/Computing/FileSharing/Windows/win2kxp.html>

You should be able to browse the PC's own shares from Network
Neighbourhood - if this isn't working, forget the Mac side of things
for the moment.

Stroller.