[X4U] Turbo Tax and Jaguar scare

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Sat Apr 16 14:28:52 PDT 2005

>So did anyone do there Taxes on TurboTax with Jag and have a scare
>at the last minute.

How about my story of dealing with Intuit's support. I was having to
load 2003 software and as most users now recognize, the CD only
contains an essential shell of an application that is later filled
with forms and schedules via 'online updates'. The purchased CD will
never be sufficient to do taxes. Only after you download the
'updates' can you then do taxes that are submittable. Anyway, after
installing Fed 2003, I went to do the install of my state via the CD.
The software asked for $$ to allow me to install a '2nd' state
regardless that I hadn't installed my first state yet. Not wanting to
pay for something that I'd already paid for, I called support. The
cute part of this story is that the support lady said that the
program's request for a purchase code was not a bug because 'it just
doesn't recognize that this is the first state'. I said but isn't
that a bug? And the reply was that it wasn't a bug since it didn't
always happen, only sometimes.  LOL.

Intuit. They will be the death of us as we all get to having to rely on them.
--

Robert Ameeti

Not only does God play dice with the universe, but sometimes he throws them where they cannot be seen.