[X4U] Let's start the FUD presses.

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Sat Apr 16 17:25:20 PDT 2005

On Apr 16, 2005, at 10:19 am, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

> One area I agree on with Thurrot (and many others) is I hate
> essentially
> being forced to use the Dock as my application launcher,or at the very
> least have it occupy the bottom of my screen or pop up when ever I muse
> to the bottom :-(
>
> I wish the Dock were an optional program. It's a pretty useless
> launcher
> because it easily gets overfull and far too tiny on small screens....
> and folders all look alike

I'm really looking forward to the next MAJOR release of MacOS. OS XI or
11 or whatever they decide to call it. I have this partially-baked
theory that at that time Apple will really fix MacOS at that time.

At some point Apple will change the o/s to the extent that it either
completely makes or breaks it for me - I want them to
ditch a bunch of legacy stuff that they kept around in order that OS9
users wouldn't feel too alienated. I REALLY want them to introduce a
NextStep- / BeOS-alike launcher cum application menu (top right in
<http://beos.pixay.com/pics/beos_01.png>) and to start underlining
shortcut titles when I press ALT, so I know which button to press next
to activate  the shortcut.

Stroller.