[X4U] Re: OS X Update 10.3.9 A Change in Safari

Dennis R. Cohen drcohen at mac.com
Sat Apr 16 19:02:27 PDT 2005

On 4/17/05 at 1:57 AM, Stroller <MacMonster at myrealbox.com> transmitted
the following electronic message:

>On Apr 17, 2005, at 12:56 am, Johns Maillist wrote:

>>> More consistent with other SNAFUs in the operating system, more
>>> like.
>>
>> Hmm, try as I might, I am unable to think of a single function I
>> have to use option Rt click on. Hints please?
>
>Oh, there are probably lots of them, it's just that Apple never tell
>anyone what their keyboard shortcuts are, so we all have to guess.
>
>Panther's keyboard shortcuts preference pane has alleviated the
>problem to some extent, but I still find it extremely difficult to
>remember shortcuts whose only logic is dictated by the fact that
>they've been used since mediaeval times.
>
>Stroller.

Okay, how about:

rt click in Finder gives you "Open With" and Opt-rt-click gives "Always
Open With"?

Then virtually all the Dock item context menus have a couple of things
that change by holding down Option: Quit becomes Force Quit, Hide
becomes Hide Others.

There are some others but, at the moment, I'm too lazy to go looking for
them :)

--
Dennis R. Cohen
The Xcode 2 Book (May 2005)