[X4U] VPC and Win2K

Mike Panas mpanas at callatg.com
Sun Apr 17 09:24:35 PDT 2005

My (unhappy) experience is that with Win systems (and maybe others, but I
don't have that experience to share) the system CD will only work with the
machine it shipped with. I tried installing Win 98SE on VPC from a similar
type of disk from  my wife's old PC and got errors, which is what I surmise
is happening to you.
Mike