[X4U] VPC and Win2K

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Sun Apr 17 09:27:22 PDT 2005

On Apr 17, 2005, at 5:16 pm, Andy Hannen wrote:

> I've been running(?) VPC with WinXP on my G4 800MHz. It's intolerably
> slow.

Have you tried tweaking the performance settings in XP? I think you'll
find them if you right-click My Computer & have a furtle. You can
remove the rounded-corners of Windows, drop-shadows, animations &c. I
wouldn't expect XP to be too snappy on a PIII 800, so I'm not surprised
it's slow on your  G3.

> So I tried installing Win2K from a disk that came with my Dell and it
> says
> that it can only install the software on Dell systems.
>
> Is there a way of bypassing this restriction?

It's probably easier to pirate it from somewhere else.

> (or is this such a heinous crime that special branch will be breaking
> down
> my door?)

Well, it *is* breach of the license conditions, copyright, whatever.

Stroller.