[X4U] Audio Books on iPod

Neil Cadsawan rainer3 at mac.com
Wed Apr 20 10:45:48 PDT 2005

On 20 Apr, 2005, at 1:35 PM, Mark Des Cotes wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was just browsing the iPod web site and it mentioned how iTunes and
> iPods can add bookmarks (place keepers) to audio books but only if
> they're in .aa (from Audible.com) or .m4b (from iTunes Music Store)
> format. I have a bunch of audio books in mp3 format. Is there a way to
> convert mp3s into either .aa or .m4b files? I searched both
> VersionTracker and MacUpdate without any luck. Is this possible?
>
> Mark Des Cotes
> Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

I forgot to mention that this script only converts AAC to M4B, not MP3.
   So you'll have to use iTunes to convert the MP3 files to AAC, and
that will create some digital artifacts in the files and hence, lower
quality files. Unfortunately, this is the only way I know of to create
bookmarkable files for iTunes.

-Neil