[X4U] Audio Books on iPod

Andrew T. Lynch atlynch at mac.com
Wed Apr 20 10:49:38 PDT 2005

Is an mp3 bookmark-able?  I was under the impression that only aac
files were bookmark-able.  I create aac files with my Griffin
radioShark, change the suffix from .m4a to .m4b, and then import the
files into iTunes.  These files then support bookmarking.

The scripts that Neil mentions sets the bookmarkable flag on a file
without the extension being m4b.  I'm not sure it will work on an mp3.

In any case, if you need to, you can use iTunes to convert the mp3 to
m4a, then use the mentioned applescript to make it bookmark-able.

One thing I've found is that if you have an aac file, (ends in .m4a),
and you change the suffix to .m4b, it becomes bookmark-able.

-Drew