[X4U] [OT] - Shuffle

John Azevedo zoff at mac.com
Sat Apr 23 07:33:59 PDT 2005

On Apr 23, 2005, at 9:59 AM, Samantha Cornell wrote:

> On Apr 23, 2005, at 4:12 AM, Kirk McElhearn wrote:
>
>>> While talking to a friend today I learned that he is unable to
>>> charge his Shuffle off the USB port on his eMac.  He was able to
>>> charge it once off a powered USB hub, but never again.
>>>
>>> Has anyone else has this problem?  I'm inclined to think he has a
>>> defective Shuffle.  Thoughts?
>>
>> The eMac does not have a powered USB port. He'll need to buy a
>> charger from Apple, or use another computer with a powered port.
>
> Am I correct in understanding that a powered USB hub will not be able
> to charge it either?

 From Apple:

iPod shuffle: How to charge the battery
To charge a iPod shuffle battery, connect the device to a high-power
USB port. Please be aware that USB keyboards and non-powered USB hubs
generally do not have high-power USB ports. If you connect to a low or
non-powered port, iPod shuffle will not charge.
Once it's plugged in, it'll take about 2 hours to charge the battery to
80% capacity and about 4 hours to charge it to 100%.