[X4U] Program association settings in OS X

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Mon Apr 25 23:52:27 PDT 2005

The file "com.apple.LaunchServices.plist" in your Users Preferences folder
holds some information of this nature but it looks too complicated to play
with.

I think what you're looking for is like what can be found in OS9 under the
"File Exchange" Control Panel, correct?

I'd be curious to know where all this is kept now, too?

Coj

Preston Kutzner <grdnwsl at mrichi.com>

This is a sort of tangent from my last question RE: Thunderbird
attachments in OS X.  I was wondering if any of you OS X gurus on this
list could tell me where program association settings are stored in OS
X, or where a good place to find such information would be.  I'm not as
familiar with OS X as I would like to be, as it's not my daily OS, but I
do have to support it.  If anyone could point me in the right direction
for some good, power-user/administrative information on OS X, that would
be greatly appreciated.

--
Preston