[X4U] Save .mov files

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Tue Apr 26 03:51:10 PDT 2005

Neil,

I see this with many movie files, especially music videos from band
websites.  I think they have encoded the movie with something special
to make it only work from their website.  One thing I and others have
suggested is to view the page source and search for ".mov".  If there
is a direct link to the movie, that's the easiest way to grab it when
it fails out of the cache.  But not all movie downloads work this way
either.

Just read your response again - if the movie is streamed, not
downloaded, then this won't work since the files are not actually
downloaded.  In this case, I think I remember that there is some
command line program that will grab the video as it comes in to the
computer and build a file from the stream.  Or at least I want there to
be such a program (maybe I was dreaming at the time).

Hope this helps,

Peter