[X4U] Save .mov files

Ean Kingston ean at hedron.org
Tue Apr 26 11:22:33 PDT 2005

> Well, by going there,
>
> http://www.dancebeatinternational.com/usdsc/09082200.mov
>
> I can see from the swirling arrow that it is in fact a stream, not a
> single file for download.  I have no experience downloading a stream to
> the computer so that you end up with an intact movie file.  Someone
> here mentioned ffmpeg and someone else mentioned mplayer.  Methinks I'm
> out on this one.

Actually, the same person mentioned both. ffmpeg lets you mangle video
file format (like convert the audio in .avi files so they will play in
quicktime) and mplayer plays video files (and streaming video). mplayer
also lets you save the video stream during playback. That way you have a
file.

When I get home this evening I will see if I can save the stream you
mentioned.

>>> pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/"
>>> href="http://www.dancebeatinternational.com/usdsc/09082200.mov"