[X4U] FTP Application Survey

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Tue Apr 26 17:51:40 PDT 2005

We use Cyberduck here too.

The only caveats I'd add is that it's best to set the "Queue" preferences
to have adjust permissions (uplead and download) to off. As a default this
is ON and has stopped many a download or upload from happening for us.

The other day I tried downloading a huge set of files (8-10 files -
together approx 1GB) and it kept choking. Good thing I was able to resume
after rebooting the app. I downloaded them in smaller groups (1-2 files at
a time) and it handled them AOK. As this has only happened on 1 Mac I'm
not going to write the app off yet as "weak" but if it happens on another
Mac in a similar situation then I'll have to start making assumptions.

But for our general use we like Cyberduck.

Coj

Peter Apockotos <mastermacchief at gmail.com>

Again I suggest Cyberduck.  It is free!  http://cyberduck.ch

Web:  <http://www.apockotos.com>