[X4U] sharing itunes library between 2 users in the same computer

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Wed Apr 27 03:04:29 PDT 2005

On Apr 27, 2005, at 11:58 AM, DZ-Jay wrote:

>> It isn't hard to do, except for keeping the library in sync. If
>> one person
>> adds music to his library, the 2nd person won#t see it unless the
>> files
>> are manually added (not imported!). Also, you can't have common
>> playlists
>> this way, either.
>>

> Any chance that many people have complained to Apple about this,
> enough for them to think about incorporating multi-user access to a
> library in a future version?  I just started using Macs recently,
> and although this limitation annoys me, I don't know how much of a
> real issue it is for general Mac users.

I strongly expect multiple library management in iTunes 5 (whenever
that is). So many people have multi-iPod families, and it'd be a huge
selling point compared to other players.

Kirk

                       Author of: iPod & iTunes Garage
                      http://www.mcelhearn.com/ipod.html
       Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France