[X4U] Tiger on older Mac?

Jim Freeman jpfreeman at mac.com
Thu Apr 28 16:09:16 PDT 2005

I'm anxiously waiting for my copy of Tiger to arrive, hopefully
tomorrow, and I will certainly install it on my PBG4 1.33mhz. But what
about my wife's dual USB iBook? I just read Walt Mossberg's review,
where he advises against installing it on older Macs until an update
comes along, because things like Mail are slow. My wife's iBook is
already intolerably slow. I don't want to install Tiger unless it's an
improvement. If I install it and she starts having trouble, I'm going
to hear about it.

Jim