[X4U] Print Center Oddities

Cover, Chris CoverC at wpunj.edu
Fri Apr 29 11:52:35 PDT 2005

I had the wierdest thing happen. Apparently I corrupted the print driver for
a Xerox we have here. I tried deleting the printer and reconnecting it but
the problem persisted ( IP printing: stalls on ³connecting to...²).
Reinstalled the driver. Nuked every pref I could find and nuked the driver.
Reinstalled, rebooted. No dice. Even worse, the print center remembers the
other connected printer even though I nuked the preferences. So......
I need to know where the print center keeps it¹s info for connected printers
shared across logins and if there is any related Cache file that I should be
looking for.
Mind you I can IP print to a second printer there. And print via Appletalk
to the ³problem printer.² the ³problem printer² has no problems accepting
jobs from an ³identically² configured machine in another office.

Thanks.

10.3.9 all updates.