[X4U] Tiger Mail and Spotlight and iCal

Gretchen Hayman gretchen at sedl.org
Fri Apr 29 12:40:55 PDT 2005

On Apr 29, 2005, at 13:28, Terry Devlin wrote:
> So far so good then, though I notice that uControl is not working and
> iCal won't launch. It bounces, shows a window but crashes before it
> can load any Calendars. So round here it's called iCant... I have
> removed the Calendar folder, still won't launch, repaired permissions
> etc. Ideas?

Have you tried logging in as a different user to see the iCal problem
reproduces itself on that user account?  That will help to determine if
the problem is just with your account or with the actual
application/system.  If it's just an issue with your account, I'd
remove your iCal preference files (don't throw them away just yet, just
move them onto the Desktop) and launch iCal again.  If it launches
properly, then one or more of the plist files may be bad.  Your iCal
preference files are in ~/Library/Preferences/.  On my Tiger install, I
used Spotlight to search on com.apple.iCal and it turned up five files,
all in that location.

Hope this helps!

--
gretchen