[X4U] How to Password-Protect Location Menu Changes

Rick Gordon rick at rickgordon.com
Sat Apr 30 00:24:18 PDT 2005

In the interest of adding security to a laptop running LapCop, how might you set things up where any Location change, either via the location menu or through the Network preference pane, would require password input? Or what else, short of crippling normal use, might be suggested as theft protection -- without having to set up a limited primary user account that I'd have to constantly be skirting around?

Automatic login after sleep is already implemented, but I do generally log in as an administrative user, since I'm frequently requiring administrative privileges.