[X4U] Thoughts on Spotlight?

Steve Talkowski stevetalkowski at mac.com
Sat Apr 30 11:42:19 PDT 2005

On Apr 30, 2005, at 2:05 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> Does anyone have any thoughts about how useful Spotlight is, or any
> tips on using it?
>
> I must confess, so far I'm totally unimpressed, although at the
> same time I wasn't very excited about it to start with.

I installed Tiger last night on my G4 1.5GHz Powerbook  (Archive and
Install) and have been migrating over a few items from my Previous
System Folder this afternoon.

As a test, I used spotlight to locate some of those original files
and get this - they don't show up in the search results?!   Is the
Previous System folder (and it's sub directories) not being indexed
by Spotlight?

Personally, when using the Spotlight window (Option+Command+Space
bar) I would like to see a direct path when clicking on a file
instead of having to click the "i" button.  Similar to what you get
when you run a spotlight search in a Finder window.

-Steve

--

Steve Talkowski
Animation Director / Animator