[X4U] Thoughts on Spotlight?

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 30 16:37:06 PDT 2005

On 4/30/05 2:31 PM, Neil Cadsawan <rainer3 at mac.com> wrote:

> What Tiger doesn't do well is let you select a group of items and let  you
> edit this information directly from this selection. ...  If you "get info" on
> all these items as  they're selected, you get a bunch of Info windows popping
> up and  would have to enter in information one by one.  Not good.

Instead of selecting Get Info using Command-I, select Show Inspector using
Command-Option-I.

Finally! We can now choose between having a Multiple Item Info window or
multiple Get Info windows (like in pre-OS X). The latter is very helpful for
showing a side-by-side comparison of two folders/items while the former is
very helpful for adding up the size of folders/items and applying the same
file permissions to multiple items.