[X4U] Mail

DZ-Jay dz at caribe.net
Tue Aug 2 10:03:38 PDT 2005

Eddie Hargreaves wrote:
> I see pretty much the exact same statements after every revision of Mail:
> "I'm surprised it's missing xx functionality as I consider that basic. Oh
> well, I'll keep using it. I'm sure Apple will add it soon."
>
> I'm not sure what Apple's incentive is to add functionality if no one using
> Mail ever sends in feedback and just continues to use it with the assumption
> that Apple will improve it.

You are right, of course, that we should send feedback to Apple.
However, as Roy (and according to your comments, others too), I feel
that Mail is superior in many regards to other mail clients out there.
In particular, what sells me is the Junk Mail handling which in my
experience has proven to be very effective, with a much higher degree of
accuracy than any other Anti-Spam tool I've tried before (and I have
tried a lot of them when I was using Windows.)

In my opinion, the few features that I miss which I consider "basic",
are opaqued by all the good and intuitive functions it does have.  And
this is why I use it.

That said, I'm going to prepare a message for Apple, to let them know
what I think is missing from their application.  And hopefuly they "will
add it soon".

	dZ.