[X4U] MAC address vs ³ Ethernet Address ²

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 2 11:54:14 PDT 2005

I¹m using 10.4 and the MAC Address in System Profiler>Network>Built-in
Ethernet matches the Ethernet ID in System Preferences>Network>Ethernet. If
yours does not, I would recommend calling Apple. You have 90 days of phone
support, take advantage of it.

Also, MAC addresses are unique to each networking capability. So you can
have one for Ethernet, one for AirPort, one for Bluetooth, and maybe even
one for FireWire. Make sure you¹re looking at the right MAC address.

Eddie Hargreaves