[X4U] MAC address vs ³ Ethernet Address ²

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Tue Aug 2 12:20:32 PDT 2005

That was it. I was looking at the Airport MAC address and not the Machine's
MAC address. Firewire has its own address as well I discovered. I think the
confusion also happened because Tiger lists more info than Panther does in
the system profiler. My Panther machine does not list any MAC address for
the FW card just for the machine itself. I assumed Tiger was the same.

So does the machine itself have a unique MAC-like id independent of
networking capabilities? I thought each CPU had a unique number burned onto
it? This is what I thought the MAC address was.

Thanx!