[X4U] USB cable modem

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Wed Aug 3 06:22:37 PDT 2005

Use the ethernet your Mac has it. The USB connection is slow slow slow a
friend of mine had one like that and when he switched it to ethernet his
speed went way up. USB wasn't originally designed for that kind of data
input to begin with so it doesn't handle it well. Ethernet from day 1 was
made for networking don't worry about the bus speed you'll be much better
off. Save the USB port for something more useful.