[X4U] Can't run 10.4.2 combo update

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 3 11:33:47 PDT 2005

On 8/3/05 11:17 AM, Linda <XPressoBean at mac.com> wrote:

> On 8/3/05 12:58 PM, Eddie Hargreaves wrote:
>
>> However, I get a message that "This volume does not meet the requirements for
>> this update." My new iBook has build 8D37 and my old iBook has build 8C46.
>> What build does everyone else have for 10.4.2? And, of course, any
>> suggestions for curing my ills?
>
> What are you using for your 10.4 installation? Anything other than the
> retail 10.4 -- even the "seed" that went to Apple Store employees and
> developers a day or two before the official release -- can't be updated with
> the downloadable updates.

I originally installed 10.4 on my old iBook using the boxed CDs shipped to
me by Apple from a purchase made on the online Apple Store. I updated that
to 10.4.2, and the build number (8C46) matches your own.

Apparently the version of Tiger on my new iBook is newer, since its build
number is 8D37. I guess that's why I can't use the 10.4.2 combo updater.
Well, if anyone else out there is running build 8D37, let me know. I've got
issues with the Dashboard keyboard shortcut and the widgets' memory usage.

Eddie Hargreaves