[X4U] Tiger and aliases etc...

Gretchen Hayman gretchen at sedl.org
Wed Aug 3 11:51:51 PDT 2005

On Aug 3, 2005, at 13:38, Richard Gilmore wrote:

> but I was not able to drag
> the Network icon to the desktop. It said I had insufficient
> privileges even
> though I was logged in as the admin.

Hi Richard,

I think this may be an issue with your account.  I just tried this
and I am able to drag the Network icon to the right side (or bottom)
of the Dock on 10.4.2.  So, it's not a Tiger restriction.  Have you
tried to create another test admin account and see if you are able to
drag the Network icon to the Dock in that account?  I would try this
to help narrow where the problem lies.

Gretchen

--
Gretchen L. Hayman