[X4U] Tiger and aliases etc...

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Wed Aug 3 12:54:08 PDT 2005

On 3/8/05 2:47 PM, "Eddie Hargreaves" <meged at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hold down the Command and Option keys while dragging the Network icon.

This didn't work for me. It had no effect.

> On 8/3/05 11:38 AM, Richard Gilmore <rgilmor at uwo.ca> wrote:
>
>> I was not able to drag the Network icon to the desktop. It said I had
>> insufficient privileges even though I was logged in as the admin. In Panther
>> am able to this no problem. I like to have to there so I don't have to open a
>> finder window to access other machines on the network. It's not a big deal
>> but
>> I was surprised that I could no longer do this.

This machine isn't mine. I'm setting it up for someone else who is away. I
tried creating a new user with admin privileges that didn't work. I tried
repairing the permissions, no effect. (I hadn't repaired permissions prior
to this) This machine is brand new and never been used with very few
documents on it so far. I just double checked to make sure I did the same
thing on the Panther machine as the Tiger machine and it did it in Panther
but not Tiger still.

At this point I'm just going to let it go as it doesn't directly affect me
but when I do upgrade to Tiger at least I'll know. I didn't try dragging the
icon to the Dock however. This machine is in another office in the building
and I'm tired of running back and forth from it. Maybe tomorrow I'll check
it again.