[X4U] Tiger and aliases etc...

keithw keith_w at dslextreme.com
Wed Aug 3 12:59:37 PDT 2005

Eddie Hargreaves wrote:

> On 8/3/05 12:19 PM, keithw <keith_w at dslextreme.com> wrote:
>

>>Excuse me, please.
>>I have never heard of nor used a Network icon.
>>What does THAT represent?

> In the Finder, choose Network from the Go menu. Also, if you choose Computer
> from the Go menu, you'll see the Network globe there. It represents the
> network you're on. It should show you a list of other computers on the
> network that you can connect to.

Aha! Silly me!

That brings up the numerical web address for my ASDL network, thru which
I access the web and mail services.

I always thought of a Network as a nexus connecting a bunch of
computers, and since I had no wish to add any other computers, in a
sharing scenario, to what I do every day, I ignored Networking connections.

I do have my Netscape icon in my dock already, so the question is answered!

Thanks!   keith