[X4U] Re: slightly OT - hewlett-packard multifunction printer

Peter Samelson psamelson at afterglowgroup.com
Mon Aug 8 08:31:11 PDT 2005

I have the 4710 which is wireless and whose scanning is driven by the HP
Image Zone software. I don't know if the 2700 series uses that same
software.

> i'm to buy a multifunction printer-scanner-fax. ...
> ... HP Photosmart 2710 All-in-One.
>
> it has wireless connectivity built-in (Wireless Ethernet 802.11g/b)
> but the online doc only mentions wireless printing not scanning.

In my experience, the scanning through the HP software does work, although
it is has been buggy and has required periodic resets. With the current
version and now running Tiger, I just ran some more tests, finding that the
scan to OCR and Scan to PDF both work, although the auto-crop never seems to
crop.

Peter

Peter Samelson
The Afterglow Group, LLC.
New Jersey/New York
(973) 571-9005 Office € (973) 571-9006 Fax € (201) 787-9310 Cell
www.afterglowgroup.com