[X4U] HP all-n-one printer problem

Peter van Peursem Gorgias at hotpop.com
Sat Aug 20 05:57:46 PDT 2005

Op 20-aug-2005, om 9:20 heeft Michel Treisman het volgende geschreven:

> My printer is an HP PSC 2110 which can scan, copy and print - in
> principle, but since I installed
> Mac OS X 10.4.2,  I can print from my TiBook, but I can't copy or
> scan.
> If I try to copy I get the message: “The scanner is busy or you do
> not have a scanner selected.
> Please select a scanner in the Director ---“.
> If I try to scan, the Scan application opens, but it gives a
> message that it can’t communicate with the Printer.
>
> Since I can print from the computer the cable should be all right.
>
> Is this a known problem with 10.4.2?  Is there a workaround?

It is a known problem with all of HP's all-in-one printers as far as
I know. They are apparently not very interested in supporting their
stuff. Same thing happened with the shift from 10.1 to 10.2 to 10.3.
Lesson that I have learned from this is don't buy HP AIO. (Their
laser and inkjet printers don't have this problem).

Peter van Peursem
Gorgias at hotpop.com