[X4U] HP all-n-one printer problem

Michel Treisman treisman at psy.ox.ac.uk
Sat Aug 20 00:20:23 PDT 2005

My printer is an HP PSC 2110 which can scan, copy and print - in
principle, but since I installed
Mac OS X 10.4.2,  I can print from my TiBook, but I can't copy or scan.
If I try to copy I get the message: “The scanner is busy or you do
not have a scanner selected.
Please select a scanner in the Director ---“.
If I try to scan, the Scan application opens, but it gives a message
that it can’t communicate with the Printer.

Since I can print from the computer the cable should be all right.

Is this a known problem with 10.4.2?  Is there a workaround?

Mike