[X4U] FTP Problems Logging In Using Safari Finder

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 20 09:54:54 PDT 2005

On 8/20/05 9:30 AM, revDAVE <coolcat at hostalive.com> wrote:

>  I am trying to use safari to login to one of my FTP sites:
>
>  I have safari set up to open the FTP using the Finder as opposed to a
> helper application ...  And and when I finally get the window to open up in
> the Finder - it is blank - when there is actual content actually there ...

Basically, the Finder as FTP client is very limited and not very good. I
would recommend you simply not try and use it if it doesn't work for you as
is. Also, even if you were able to view the files, did you know that the
Finder can only read FTP sites, it will not allow you to write to them?

Eddie Hargreaves